Sunday, April 30, 2006

Gymnix Homeshow

It's Sunday. Well, I didn't sleep very good last night. I went to the gymnix homeshow last night, and guess what. They had another accident. Nicole Ley went into the air to do a backtuck, and she was given too much air that she missed the mat, and had a concussion and whiplash. I thought she was paralyzed. Because she hit her head, and neck really hard. People were crying, and I think that was the first homeshow that they had to stop because of a really bad accident. I was very restless in bed last night.They lifelined her to Vanderbilt. So today has been all right. Of all things they were honoring her dad, Raphan Ley because he has volunteered for twenty years teaching gymnastics. Eric Molina made a video about him. And they have named the gymnasium after him with a special plaque. Some former gymnasts came, to see him. And his parents came, it was their first homeshow to go to. They said on the highland academy website, that she is now walking around home, and is planning to be at academy days. I hope she doesn't do anything crazy tonight if the gym team does a performance. I can't really stand to watch it anymore, because of what I saw last night. I hope you all are doing good.

3 comments:

Tim said...

We should wait until heaven until we attempt any form of gymnastics besides somersaults and cartwheels...hope the girl recovers!

Sounds like they should have a neurologist on hand at these performances, perhaps a neurologist named Norman.

Joelle said...

Ouch. Gymnastics is really more dangerous than they portray it to be.

Norman McNulty said...

Gymnastics is the abomination of desolation.