Saturday, October 04, 2008

SEYC 2008, Patten towers, and Intent meetings with Peter Gregory

September is already over with! I feel like my first semester of college is flying by!My schedule for classes is very busy, and yet my classes are quite interesting. On the third weekend of September my family Mom, Norman, and Aaron came to see me at SEYC. It was so special to have them there with me at college. I appreciated their support and it was very nice of Norman to come out of his way to see me in college. I also enjoyed seeing Tim and Sunny. SEYC was great with powerful messages from Ivor Myers at the evening meetings, and the seminars were all packed. I attended last year and it was not as packed as this year!

After lunch on Sabbath Mom, Norman, Christine, and I took a walk on Southern's promenade


The McNulty family with Tim and Sunny at the Audioverse. I know that SEYC appreciated Audioverse recording the sermons and seminars.

One of the ministries I signed up for was the Patten Towers. I've heard about the project, and I finally was able to go and see for myself what it was like. I was so blessed by going. The people who live there need encouragement and friends like students from Southern. We knocked on their doors and invited them to Patten church, then after the church service we served them a Patluck meal of haystacks. It was fun to fellowship with them, and let them know that we really care about them.



The students who lead out in song service


This week was probably one of my most stressful weeks. I stayed up very late a couple of nights trying to get homework, and papers done. I love college life, but the classes and homework can be tiresome. By thursday, I was so exhausted that when my alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I immediately went back to sleep and woke up again at 7:45. My College Comp 101 class was at 8:00 and it takes me 5 minutes to get there! So I franctically, put my clothes on and dashed over to Miller Hall. When I arrived there my professor wasn't there yet, and my classmates were waiting in the hall. Phew, What a relief! On Friday, it was a relaxing and fun catching up on errands I don't have time to do during the week and grocery shopping at the Village Market.
What really made this week great was Peter Gregory's Intent meetings for Week of Prayer. It has been such a positive influence on this campus. In the past the speakers have been average, and the attendence reflected that. This year they had seating for 800, and over a 1000 have been showing up every night. The students don't have to come, but I know there were several searching for more and realizing that the Word of God can be preached and digged into deeper.
His message on Friday night was powerful, and many came forward for the altar call. I went to the North River church today, expecting the sermon to be preached from one of the preachers. Surprisingly, Peter Gregory gave it and it was awesome! I was blessed by it. I wrote down notes, and you can ask me later about more details. I am thankful to have a wonderful church to go to where I have found friends that are like minded, and involved in evangelistic opportunities.
I am also apart of the Bible Workers Club, and they invited Peter Gregory to teach us on how to give a Bible study. He spoke in the student center. Wow, I have never heard a such a presentation. He told that we need to know how the relate to the person we are working with, and their personality in order to help them to make decisions throughout the Bible studies. He used the chapter of John 4, where Jesus talked to the Samaritan woman and how he was able to reach to her relating this to when we give Bible studies. I was learned a lot from Peter Gregory this week.
Thus, a new week is about to begin. I hope everyone is doing well, and please keep me in your prayers as I have a lot ahead of me.

2 comments:

Norman McNulty said...

Hope school is going well. It was great visiting for SEYC. We'll keep praying for your studies. Hope you enjoyed the pictures we sent to you.

April McNulty said...

Thanks Norman! I enjoyed seeing the pictures you sent. I'll give you a phone call soon. Take care!