Monday, October 20, 2008

Going back home for midterm break

It was nice to be able to go back home this past weekend after a very busy first half of my first semester. I was able to get in some good sleep, cook and bake, and spend time great time with family. On Friday, I had quite the day. I drove out to Cottontown to eat lunch with my grandmother. She is such a special lady, and I was happy to spend time with her. Then, I drove over to Gallatin and waited in a line for over thirty minutes to vote in the Presidential election.There was a student from Southern a couple of people ahead of me, who I had never met. It really is a small world!This took a lot of time out of my day, but it was well worth it. I think that in this election it is important to vote for the President, with all of the economic crises going on. I felt really good after I cast my ballot! My first time to be able to vote in the Presidential election!


I had the privilege of hearing Aaron preach in the Gallatin church on Sabbath. I was proud of him. He gave a powerful sermon on the Elijah message. I was so glad I could be there!
On Friday afternoon I made apple pie for supper. Aaron with the food.


I enjoyed my slice of apple pie.



The leaves are starting to change here in Tennessee.




Stephen came to see me on Sabbath afternoon. We had a nice walk through the crisp air and took some pictures.




Now I am back at college with lots of hours of studying to do before this semester is over!

No comments: