Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My 19th birthday

It's hard to believe that I am now 19! Last Wednesday was my birthday. I woke up bright and early, and Christine sang happy birthday to me while I was half awake and feeling groggy. Then, I took my final for my class and afterwards my Highland friends and I went out and celebrated the completion of our class. We talked for two hours reminiscing Highland stories.
I came back and ate with my close friends at the cafeteria. This was the first day I bought a dessert. Christine and I bought blueberry shortcake. Our friends Laurel, Debbie, and Joel were there.

In the afternoon, Christine and I walked two miles on the Greenway to go shopping in Ooltewah. We went to a clothing store, and we were so thirsty we drank fruit juices in a shop. We had fun even though it was hot!

I received nice phone calls from family and opened cards and presents that came in the mail in the evening.

This past weekend I went back home. Mom made a special birthday lunch. The menu was lasagne and blueberry pie.

Stephen and I
Aaron and Ranger

On Saturday night I opened my birthday presents.





Mom and I
Thank you to everyone who called or remembered me. I'm grateful for another year of life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

It was great having you back home this past weekend. Hope things get off to a good start for you there at SAU for the fall semester. You take care and don't forget to keep me up to date on things:)

Aaron