Sunday, November 04, 2007

What the Cross means to me




A month ago in my lifeskills class we did on a project on what the Cross meant us. I decided to use the illustration of a rose in comparison to the Cross. The drawing on the top of the page of I did.Here is what it means to me:




What the Cross means to me is that Jesus has given me hope. One of the hardest things I have gone through has been losing my dad. I've lost a bond,friendship, and security my dad gave. If I didn't have the hope of eternal life in heaven, and seeing my dad again I would be depressed and miserable. Jesus, is like a rose that has a sweet smelling odor. Jesus love has filled my life with peace. Peace to get through trials down here. The thorns on the cross symbolize all the agony He went through for me. To know that someone went through that much agony and pain just for me is indescribable. Like the ridges on the rose, my life has mazes and obstacles. With Christ's help I can get through all the challenges.Jesus love will bloom in my heart if I accept it. What he went through on the cross has given me hope to share with others the hope of eternal life in Heaven.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Praise God April. I know it must have been really really hard to lose your dad. How the cross has brought you peace is awesome. I'm so thankful that you find that security in Jesus. That will be of great worth your whole life long. Thanks for sharing because it encouraged my heart:)

Rachel and Eric Nelson said...

Thanks April, I was really blessed by your post.
-Rachel