Saturday, November 10, 2007

ASI Youth for Jesus experience

I shared with you all a couple of months ago how the Youth for Jesus program was a blessing in my life. I never shared with you all the photos that I wanted to, and more detail of what my days were like there. If you want to see more on what the experience meant to me go back to September, and click on the Youth for Jesus post.

Here is a picture of the the Youth for Jesus participants. We met sometimes in this gazebo type of building behind the Pewee Valley school. A couple of times we had campfires and sang together, A typical day in the Youth for Jesus was very busy, but spiritually uplifting in everyone's life.
I would wake up and have my devotions.
8:00 Breakfast
9:00 Group worship in the Pewee Valley church sanctuary. We would sing hymns. We all learned to love hymns. Sadly, in a lot of places young people are not as enthusiastic about singing hymns. They have so much more meaning and depth to them. These young people were excited and put expression into the hymns. Our favorite song was "Seeking the Lost",373. We sang this on the night of the baptism. After song service we would have worship with one of our Bible workers, and they gave good testimonies and taught us to get into our Bibles.
10:00 We had class. We had many speakers come out to speak to us. Like Chester Clark-music, Daniel, End times, Kevin Sears(our Bible coordinator)-how to give Bible studies,outreach, James Nix-Adventist History, Don MacIntosh-health message,Revelation 1, another person on health, Alan and Nicole Parker- Dating and Relationships, Daniel Mesa- how to study your Bible, devotions, Gary Gibbs- Winsome Witnessing. As you can tell we learned a lot about how to witness and about our Adventist message.
12:00 Jobs- varied daily from helping in the kitchen to cleaning the bathrooms.
1:00 Lunch! We got to interact with the Bible workers at this meal.
2:00 Worship- sang hymns, and scripture songs.
2:30 Divided into our groups to our different sites. I was in New Albany, Indiana. Others were at Jeffersonville, Indiana. Pewee Valley and Shelbyville, Ky, and Magazine Street in downtown Louisville, Ky.
3:00 or later arrived in New Albany. We went with our Bible workers to do outreach and encourage people who had stopped coming to the meetings.
5:00 supper, this was a good bonding time with our New Albany group.
6:00 Preparation for the evening meeting
7:00 Meeting, afterwards we talked about improvements we could make for the meetings, and prayer requests.
8:30 head back to Pewee Valley.
10:15 Worship with all the girls. We all shared our testimony each night. This was led out by Chelsea Jourdan, and Katie Jaeger our girl's deans.

These are my friends Marzanna and Sherene. Marzanna goes to Advent Hope!


Kristen, one of the Bible workers who I became good friends with.


Sorry! I accidentally put this pic in twice. I don't know how to cut it out.



Chelsea and I the night of the baptism.She really cared about the Youth and every night she and Katie would pray for the girls. I appreciated that. The baptism was the best night of all. You could feel the Holy Spirit there. People were crying tears of joy. I was very happy to see the people we had worked with get baptized.




Our chef, Miguel from France. He was very good at cooking vegan meals. They were the best vegan meals I had. We had tasty meals like lasagne, cheesecake, enchiladas, rice and a good sauce to go on top, and the breakfasts were good too!






This is my New Albany group. We all bonded together as a team. The man in the middle of the back was our Bible coordinator, Kalman Roller. The other two on Kal's sides, were Jeremy Wong an Keith Mosier our evening speakers. The girl, Nikki next to me and the guy, Michael next to her were our Bible workers including Keith. The rest were the youth.


Kimberly McNeilus , Nicole, and I


The lady in the middle of this group came to our meetings and was very interested in our church. I think she got baptized after we left,I am not sure. But she did go to our stop smoking classes, and desired to stop.

These two ladies came consistently to the meetings. The girl next to me, Kristin was baptized at the end. It was so rewarding to see her get baptized.I saw her grow and gave her heart to Christ, it was exciting!She gave up her Harry Potter books, and movies.I keep in contact with her now. She is actively involved in the church by helping with Pathfinders.



Becki was also baptized. She gave up her jewelry and never missed a meeting. I was very proud of her commitment to Jesus.
The program was so awesome. I grew closer in my walk to the Lord. I love to see people change in their life. Soul winning is rewarding.

3 comments:

Norman McNulty said...

It's very inspiring to see how many lives were touched in the ASI youth for Jesus program. I'm glad you are desiring to continue to win souls for God's kingdom. Thanks for all the pictures. Like Rachel, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Joelle said...

That's so exciting to see all the lives that were changed thru your meetings!

April McNulty said...

Thanks Norman, I enjoy reading your blog too! I hope you and Joelle are having a nice Thanksgiving!