Sunday, October 28, 2007

Awesome Senior weekend

We went to Opryland Hotel today,and ate brunch
I had an awesome Senior weekend. To start it off Aunt Mary came in Friday night. We had Mom's yummy homemade split-pea soup, and rolls. Then, we had the Senior recognition program. Mom and Stephen walked me down the aisle. When they read about me, this is what was said

April Rose McNulty

Secret Ambition to become a Bible worker and seek souls that are lost.

Occupation: Elementary Education or Physical Therapist

Favorite Bible verse: 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

Parents: Frances McNulty

12 year Senior( I don't really remember if they said 4 or 12, but this my 12th year at Highland schools, and the first of the McNulty family to do so.)



It was very special. Pastor Watkins gave our sermon. We took pictures afterwards.I will upload once I have pictures developed. It was so nice to have Aunt Mary here, it has been hit me hard the last two years that dad is gone. It didn't hit me as hard the first couple of years, but now it does and I miss him a lot. Sabbath we went to Highland church. The Seniors were honored by wearing red carnations. Mr. Smith our chaplain asked me to give a testimony on how Highland has affected me. Well, I had to think about that. Mr. Cornell is a godly man, I appreciated his classes so much. I shared how my best memories at Highland was learning from my teachers. Mr.Cornell's worships were the highlight of my classes, he taught that we needed to get into the Word of God for ourselves, and I shared I had taken this to heart. I was glad I had the privilege to share with them. Then, we had Sabbath lunch at home. Mom made burger roast, corn, peas, rolls, and apple pie to top it off. I was so tired from late night play practices I took a long nap. Aunt Mary and Mom went to see Grandma. Last night, we had our Senior benefit to raise money for our mission trip to Costa Rica. We raised over $7,000!! I am happy about that! We had live and silent auction items, which people payed ridiculous donations for them. We did a play on our four years at Highland which was really good, and funny. Mom and Aunt Mary said they really enjoyed it. Aaron and Uncle Albert were there to support me too, and I appreciated that. One line that that was funny I had to say was "I can't believe you are so happy! It is four in the morning!" This was on our Junior History Trip scene. Some people may know I am not a morning person. Today , Aunt Mary treated us to breakfast brunch at Opryland Hotel. It was so nice. Then, Aaron dropped me off at Rivergate Mall to meet up with my friends Beth, and Candace. I went Christmas banquet dress shopping. Finally, after much searching I found a pink,long dress. I like it, but it will need alterations. Then, we went to Wal-mart, and to Candace's house in Gallatin. On the way back home, Beth( the daughter of the Pastor at Highland church) were talking about the crises at Highland. We were both sad about everything that has happened there. Pastor Hartman gave a powerful sermon on how we need to stay to the doctrines that God has given us through His word. I came home and am trying to catch up on everything. Until next time, God bless you.

3 comments:

Joelle said...

Sounds like you have been having a fun time there with all your senior happenings and Aunt Mary's visit! Please post some pictures when they're available...

Joelle said...

Sorry we couldn't come for the special weekend. It's good to see you want to do Bible work and win souls for God.

Norman McNulty said...

The second comment was by me, not Joelle. Oh well, I guess we are one flesh now, as the Bible says. I was somehow logged into her account and didn't realize it.