Saturday, October 20, 2007

April's future bakery

I have a lot of things to update you all on. So the beginning of the week is always a bit rough. I got through my classes. Both of my bosses were gone to new accounting training meetings in Georgia. I was busy in the business office. I took my Senior pictures last week, and Mom went to order them in Hendersonville. They should be here in a week, I'm excited! Some representatives came up from Southern to do interviews with us. They were professors from different departments like Education, Communications, Nursing, and Computers. I went to the Communications and Education one. I am actually interested in Communications now. I enjoy writing, and taking pictures. I talked to the professor and, I am uncertain really what I want to do. Education I know is a needed field. But, teaching is not a easy job. You have to have a lot of patience to deal with rowdy children. At the same you can make a good spiritual influence in their life to commit their life to Christ. I really need to pray about what God's will is for me in my life, rather than what I want to do. Next weekend is Senior recognition and benefit. On Friday night all the Senior girls walk down with their parents in their white dresses, and the boys as well. We all sit up front, and our sponsors read our favorite memory verse, and remembrances, our future occupation etc.. Then, on Sat. night we will have our Benefit. We are going to practice a play all week long. Which I am not looking forward to. Plus, we will have Senior choir members sing, bell choir, and gymnix. Aunt Mary is coming in from Texas for it! I am excited!! We each had to get a item donated for our live auction. I asked Mrs. Cornell to make homemade wholewheat bread for it. She makes really yummy vegan food! This brings me to my idea of making homemade bread for money to save up for college and other needs. I think I would enjoy doing this, and the people that buy it would like having homemade bread instead of storebought. This is just a idea, I'm still not sure if this will work out. Tomorrow we are going to Jared Litchfield and Chantel's wedding. The Litchfields used to be our neighbors. Being a Senior is very busy, I will be very happy when I graduate. On a Spiritual thought, I have been reading Desire of Ages this week. Ellen White wrote that Jesus brought in thousands of people in His harvesting, what are we doing down here! Staying busy with our jobs and school work, our main focus is to be reaching others. I really need to work on this. Because the only you can take with you to heaven is yourself, and the ones you helped find Jesus. May it be our desire to serve Jesus daily through witnessing and evangelism.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HI april, sounds like you are super busy. my senior year was so fun and busy too. Just try to relax and enjoy it. It only comes once in your life. I'm glad you are taking time for Jesus...Desires of Ages is great. Right now I am reading through The Sanctified Life. It's really great too. Well, have a wonderful week!

Joelle said...

I used to bake bread for a "living" when I was 7 to 14 years old. (Actually, I didn't get an allowance so that was how I earned spending money.)
I would highly recommend getting a Bosch bread mixer if you are going to do that. You can make 7-10 loaves at once (but may struggle with baking them all in one oven.)
It sounds like you are having a fun but busy senior year!
Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas. :-)