Friday, January 09, 2015

Madison

Happy Sabbath to all!

A little over a year ago, I completed a Master of Social Work degree.  I moved to the greater Nashville area. I loved visiting the churches in the Nashville metro area.

One of the first churches that I visited was the Madison Campus church. Madison, TN has a very special story to our church, because the beginning of the Adventist work in the South started there. I'll write more about that later in a blog post.

I was impressed on my first visit, the lady sitting next to me made sure that I felt welcomed and invited me to join her at her Sabbath school.  The church has hundreds of members, and I honestly wondered if I would connect well with the members. Every time I have visited this church, the members have made me feel so loved and welcomed.

In a couple of the Sabbath school classes I have visited, the main leaders of the class made sure to welcome me and get to know me personally after the class ended. One of them gave me a welcome gift bag! 




I am also so thankful for the leadership of Pastor Byron Corbett at Madison. He has brought a vision for evangelism projects in the Madison and Nashville metro communities. He preaches on Rock Solid TV that reaches thousands of people in the middle TN area every Sunday morning on Fox 17 news. There was also a Relevant Seminar prophecy seminar series held this last Fall at the church. (I will share more details about this.)

I love the Madison Campus church because every time I visit, God's love is shown me me. I am spiritually uplifted, and the pastor gives biblically based and relevant messages. It has also been nice to get acquainted with people that I attended Southern with, and that I did not know personally while we were in school together. There are several people in my age group that are now living in Nashville.

There is another church in Nashville, that has been a real blessing to me. I will share more about it and how it reach the community with the Three Angels' Messages in a blog post soon.



No comments: