Saturday, April 05, 2008

I have my driver's license!

Friday was a good day. I woke up, and it was raining hard outside. A week before I had made a road test appointment to get my driver's license. During the week, I heard it was going to rain hard on Friday. Another day I wouldn't be able to take it. I was disappointed, because I am leaving on mission trip for two weeks on Sunday and once I come back ,graduation will come very quickly. But, God knew that Friday was the day I needed to go. I told Mom that it probably wouldn't work out. She urged to see if the rain stopped, and called around 10:30. She called, and they said they were still giving tests! So I left work at 11:00, and nervously went down to the Gallatin drivers license station. We went in and saw a sign that said, "All roads are canceled due to the bad weather." I thought" Oh, well, I guess it's not meant to be." Mom still persisted in asking them when they would give road tests. They said that the sign on the door was a mistake, and they would give me my test. A nice lady gave it to me, and after 5 minutes of driving, I PASSED!!!! I am really happy, because now I am independent to drive legally anywhere. This has been a burden on my heart the past few months. People in general have asked me "Do you have your license?", and I would have to answer and say I didn't. Aaron really wanted me to go take it as well. The Lord has relieved it from me. Last week, I prayed to Lord about the situation and he gave me this text in the Bible, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and He shall strengthen thine heart:wait I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14 I am very thankful for His goodness He gives me everyday.
I am leaving on mission trip at 3 in the morning tomorrow. Please pray for our class.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Norman McNulty said...

Congratulations on your driver's license. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Costa Rica

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.