Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Seventeen

I am now sweet seventeen. That doesn't sound as right ,as sweet sixteen. I still don't have my drivers license. But I do have my permit, so Stephen and I have been practicing driving. It is not too hard except some turns. My birthday was really nice. On sunday , my birthday it was simple. I was thinking of having friends over but decided to do that for my eighteenth. Stephen came up. For my dinner we had vegetarian meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas,salad,and peach pie. How the years have flown by. I really can't believe in an year I will be eighteen. I have always viewed that as being an adult, up there, a ways day the road. In the afternoon we went to the portland library. It was the 53rd anniversary. Uncle Albert and David Fuller played classical pieces together. While Mom and I looked at the art paintings. Then, Mom drove me around town to the hospital I was born in. And we looked at some newer houses near our area. Then , I studied that night. I also received some nice cards, presents, and phone calls. I really don't like Geometry. It is all about proofs, angles etc. Chemistry is kinda fun actually. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I enjoy it. Later down the road we will see.We had our school pictures today. That is the last normal pictures we are taking. Next year, is senior pictures. Roderick Schmitz passed away Friday night. I went to school with him my freshmen year, when he was a senior. He was a nice boy. Down at Southern he was riding his motorcylce went on a ramp and lost control. The accident took place near hamilton mall area. His funeral is tomorrow. I feel so sorry for the family. His brother is in my class, and the family lives in the Handal's old house. He was probably only twenty. Too young. His ex-girlfriend is a senior this year. She is taking it really hard, because they were in a close relationship previously. So keep them in your prayers. I heard southwestern youth conference went well. Wish I could of been there. I am looking forward to general youth conference in December.


P.S. in response to Norman's comment about am I implying that we are going to move to Montgomery. No, if we ever did that it would be down the road. We don't know what God's future holds when I go to college.

1 comment:

JD said...

April, there is an old Frank Sinatra song that goes, "When I was seventeen, it was a very good year."