Saturday, February 04, 2017

working in Nashville

I love living and working in the Nashville area. I work for a home health agency that provides home care services to adults in the middle TN area. I really enjoy my job. I am going to share more about what I am doing in my job.

I work as a care manager, social worker. When my agency receives new referrals for clients to receive services, I do home assessments on clients and set them up our services. one of the first things I do prior to going to homes is to read about their home situations/support systems, medical histories, and the doctors and nurses recommendations for the care that they need. The services that we provide are important for their health. The goal that the medical providers have in referring their patients to our agency is to prevent institutionalization. I have read this on referrals - so I see how important this is! Once older adults leave their homes to go to nursing facilities they lose a lot of their skills and depend on others.



I love developing relationships with the clients and families that I meet with and providing support for the care that they need. In the home assessments I assess their medical situations, home environments, and the skill of care that they need. I also do home safety assessments to make sure they live in safe environments and have access to important needs. At the end of the home assessments the clients sign service agreements to start services.

Another part of my job is doing monthly supervisor visits with the clients that we service. I ask questions about their services. I also assess and monitor their health. if there is any significant changes happening with their health, or if they need more skilled care it is my job to address that.

The Nashville area is a very diverse area. We cover the Sumner, Robertson, Wilson, Davidson, and Rutherford counties. I have enjoyed driving throughout middle TN to see clients. It is beautiful.

It has been a blessing to use my Social work skills to reach out to people who need support and assistance in their homes. and most importantly to make people feel cared for.


No comments: