Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving break

Well, I have been on break since Tuesday around noon. I have been catching up on my sleep, cooking, and scrapbooking. Thanksgiving was a special day. It is our best meal of the year, and my stomach was stuffed when it was all said and done. I've been particuarly busy with National Honor Society. I am the president of the organization this year, and NHS is a service team that helps others. So we decided to have a blood drive in December. We have 32 of the 46 needed to participate. But if we cannot reach our goal then the Red Cross cannot come out. It will be disappointing if we have to cancel out, because by having this blood drive we can help save lives. It makes me feel good to know that. So if you live in the Nashville area consider donating blood, because you are needed! Then we have our honors banquet next month that we have to plan for, it is for the new inductees and their parents. I enjoy doing this, but it certainly keeps me on my toes!
~If you were watching 3abn yesterday, Danny Shelton interviewed Andy Haub. Andy Haub is a member of the New Albany, Indiana SDA church where I did YFJ in the summer! It was so neat to see someone who was at the meetings interviewed on 3ABN. He shared how the Asi meetings changed the church, and has make a positive impact. And he decided to become rebaptized after the meetings were finished!
Next week I have some old pictures to post. I may be really busy with Christmas banquet. So we'll see. Happy Holidays!

No comments: